Wednesday, June 29, 2016

29 June 2016

     Good day folks.... it is now Wednesday the 29th of June. All is neat. People are still killing people, Donald Trump is a candidate for POTUS, and I think Hillary has it in the bag. I hope for the sake of everyone, America doesn't make this mistake again. Who's going to be the big surprise front runner next time around? Kanye West? I don't really see why not.
     People died in an attack that took place in Istanbul the other day. I don't like it when people do this kind of stuff. I don't know where to stank on the whole "why don't we just go and blow all them muthafuckas up" idea. I personally think it's not that easy, and that's why we don't do it. Too many innocent lives at stake, plus we have other allies that have different ideas on how to deal with terrorism. As much as we think we are world police, it's just not really the case. War used to be good for the economy, this is something I was taught in Junior High, however as we have seen, it's just not that good for us anymore. America doesn't really rally behind the troops like we did in the first couple of world wars. Hell, we didn't even rally behind the troops coming back from Vietnam. I don't want to not be with the country, but we are as divided as we ever have been, and I'm not sure the initial design was ever really able to stand the test of time without eventually turning into communism.
     Anyhoo, life isn't bad, I have a vacation coming up in late July. I get to go see some of the folks that I graduated high school with 25 years ago. Should be fun. Not to mention the state fair will be in town, which I haven't been privy to for a long time. Possibly since 1991, when Garth Brooks, Tricia Yearwood, and Winger played the fair. Wouldn't it be cool to see that lineup again!

No comments:

Post a Comment